Strictly’s Anton Du Beke ‘will return as Strictly Come Dancing judge’ in new series

Anton Du Beke would return as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing’s new series later this year.

The dancer, 55, replaced Bruno Tonioli on last year’s series, with Craig Revel Horwood reportedly revealing that Anton will once again join the panel as a judge.

It comes after Bruno was unable to compete in the 2021 series due to Covid travel restrictions and work commitments in the US, leaving Anton to take his place.

Craig, who has appeared in every series of the BBC show so far, has made admission to his new All Balls and Glitter stage show, according to The sun .

He said: “I really like Anton. I think he’s fantastic. I think last year he did a great job on Strictly as a judge. And we just found out he’s going to do it. do it again this year.”



Anton Du Beke would be back as a strict judge

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photo shoots straight to your inbox with The daily newsletter of OK!

The choreographer reportedly admitted Bruno’s “energy” was missing from the panel.

Craig and Bruno are said to have become “great friends” over the years, having worked side-by-side on the judging panel since the show started in 2004.

He said: “I miss his energy. But he always used to say, “Honey, I’m exhausted.

“And I used to say, ‘Well, you created this darling character. I’m just going to sit there. My job is easy.



Anton replaced Bruno Tonioli when he couldn't film last year's series
Anton replaced Bruno Tonioli when he couldn’t film last year’s series

It comes after Bruno, who is on Dancing With The Stars in the US, told The Sun last Sunday he was “sad and frustrated” not to be on Strictly.

He also poked fun at former professional dancer Anton, 55, saying: ‘It’s good for him. He needs money.

The star added: “If they want me, I’ll come back. But they can say, ‘Anton was great, we don’t need you’.

A BBC source previously suggested the show’s bosses had decided in favor of Anton, saying his contract should be up for renewal.

The source said The sun“We were told that Anton’s contract as a judge was going to be renewed. The bosses were really happy with his performance.



Motsi has been a judge on Strictly Come Dancing for three years
The previous panel consisted of judges Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Bruno Tonioli and Shirley Ballas

“It also hasn’t escaped them that his salary is considerably lower than Bruno’s.”

Bruno has been an integral part of Strictly for over a decade, and there’s a lot of affection for him from those on the show.

“This decision will ruffle some feathers, especially with Craig, who has been a very, very vocal defender of Bruno’s return. But the attitude of the bosses is, ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.”

When approached by OK!, a BBC spokesman declined to comment.

For the latest updates on your favorite celebrities, sign up for OK!’s daily celebrity newsletter.

Colleen D. Ervin